We welcome you all from your post-Adam Frazier-Trade-Fugue state. If you missed this step, here’s our report, and keep an eye out for another step looming the next day as many free agent flirtations seem to be peaking.
In the Mariners News …
- A few more connections for the Mariners, hello Kris Bryant.
The Seattle Mariners are among the teams interested in free-agent infielder / outfielder Kris Bryant, according to sources familiar with the situation. Currently, Bryant is expected not to sign until the possible Dec. 1 stoppage.
– Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) November 28, 2021
- Ken Rosenthal’s notes for The Athletic contain some discussion of the Seattle Mariners and their intentions. The club is reportedly one of the last clubs to try to lure RHP Kevin Gausman and he’s keen on SS / UTIL Chris Taylor, among others. They also seem comfortable with the fact that Abraham Toro is definitely getting 400 record appearances, and can go all out for Toro and Frazier.
- The Astros media see Seattle as a possible landing site for Carlos Correa.
- Although Jerry Dipoto has made a variety of trades, there are still a few clubs that he has to deal with directly.
This will be the 8th trade Jerry Dipoto has made with SD, along with NYY as the third most popular trading partner. still behind TBR (13) and LAD (10, but most of them next to Chris Taylor SUPER minor)
only teams with whom Dipoto did not act as Mariners GM:
– Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) November 27, 2021
- Some hot clips from 19 year old LHP Jose Aquino, a Mariners system candidate who entered the organization through the same international amateur class as Noelvi Marte.
All about the league …
- the Houston Astros locked up earlier Phillies closer to Hector Neris a Two-year contract valued at $ 17 million.
- The Blue Jays also signed Yimi Garcia on a two-year $ 11 million deal with a club option.
- Predicting contracts is both a hobby and a job for public baseball writing shops, as well as crowdsourced results. These predictions became more accurate over time, which can also provide a useful metric that agents tend to exceed expectations – and yes, that is an article about Scott Boras, via Travis Sawchik of The Score.
- Will Leitch from MLB.com ranks the Top landing sites for RHP ace Max Scherzer.
- For those of you who want to calculate home service time, the super two cutoff has been identified.
This year’s Super Two cutoff was confirmed at 2,116.
– timdierkes (@timdierkes) November 27, 2021
AJ Preller said trading with Adam Frazier is about reallocating resources and getting Ray Kerr and Corey Rosier. Pitching Development Director Rob Marcello Jr. endorsed Kerr’s acquisition after coaching him in Triple A.
– Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) November 27, 2021