The Japan Association for the 2025 World Expo announced the corporate sponsors of the eight thematic core projects at the Expo. The sponsors will use their creative minds to realize the thematic projects that have emerged with “life” as the starting point. The association is currently in talks with several companies and will continue to solicit sponsors until Expo 2025 opens. New sponsors will be announced on the official Expo website.
IPM World’s Fair Editor Jim Ogul explores Osaka’s past World’s Fair participation and how it will impact Expo 2025.
The association started accepting applications for funding for the thematic projects on August 19, 2021, the day of the “Exhibition Participation Briefing”. After discussions with the producers of the thematic projects, the association will announce the 15 companies that have been selected as sponsors so far.
As a partner with the eight thematic project producers, the supporting companies will jointly develop the concept of a “Signature Pavilion” in which people can experience a “Future Society for Our Lives” and send messages for the future society.
Details such as the Signature Pavilion will be announced later this spring.
List of sponsoring companies:
- Daicel Corporation
- Daiwa House Industry Co.,Ltd.
- DENSO COMPANY
- DMG MORI CO., LTD.
- FOOD & LIFE COMPANIES LTD.
- Fujikin Incorporated
- Hankyu Hanshin Holdings, Inc.
- HASEKO Corporation
- Japan Federation of Kaigo Business Providers Consortium Expo2025
- KOKUYO Co.,Ltd.
- Nichirei Foods Inc.
- OBAYASHI COMPANY
- SECOM CO., LTD.
- Shionogi & Co.,Ltd.
- Sysmex Corporation
What is the Signature Pavilion?
It is called “Signature Pavilion” because the thematic projects are symbolic and representative projects of Expo 2025, and because the pavilions designed by eight experts are also a “signature piece” in which the topics are discussed in detail from the point of view of the producers. respective philosophies. Eight project producers will interpret and develop Expo 2025’s theme of “Designing Future Society for Our Lives” from their own unique perspectives, building pavilions that connect people of the future.
Thematic Projects & Thematic Project Producers (8 people)
- Search for life: Fukuoka Shin-Ichi (biologist, professor, Aoyama Gakuin University)
- totality of life: Kawamori Shoji (animation director and mechanical designer)
- embrace life: Kawase Naomi (filmmaker)
- Life cycle: Koyama Kundo (broadcast writer and screenwriter)
- Boost Life: Ishiguro Hiroshi (Professor, Visiting Director, Osaka University, ATR Hiroshi Ishiguro Laboratories)
- Invigorating Life: Nakajima Sachiko (musician, mathematician and STEAM educator)
- forge life: Ochiai Yoichi (media artist)
- Resonance of Life: Miyata Hiroaki (Professor, Keio University)